Did you know

Rent Increases for manufactured/mobile home parks.

2024 rent increase limit is 3.5% ↗
There are two Acts that govern manufactured/mobile homes in a park:
They are the Residential Tenancy Act ↗ and the Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act ↗.
Did you know that your landlord must use the Residential Tenancy Branch forms for a rent increase aka RTB-45 ↗.
The government sets the eligible rent increase for the upcoming year. If the rent increase is higher than the government set rate than you can file an application for Dispute Resolution.
The Notice of Rent Increase can only be given once a year as per the Residential Tenancy Act (Part 3, 42).

There is also the the Proportional Rent Increase aka Form RTB-11a ↗.
The "proportional amount" (also known as an enhanced rent increase) is the change in local government levies plus the change in regulated utility fees, divided by the number of manufactured home sites in park. This means that each tenant of the park pays for a part of the year's increase in taxes and fees. (This is copied from the B. C. website, Gov.bc.ca)
Link to the form RTB-11a (refer to page 2 where the calculations are noted) You may ask the landlord for proof of the increases, ie. Taxes, water, etc which is applicable.
You may legally ask the landlord for proof of these increases.

BCMHO is campaigning since over a year to eliminate the Proportional Rent Increase because it is actually a compounded increase. What is it and what to change?
Currently, RTB adds a proportional Levies and fees increase this year over the top of a % inflation increase of the past year rent. This cause a compounding because the proportional increase is an actual inflation value of the Levies and fees.

What to do to correct it? Either do not add the proportional Levies and fees increase at all or remove the Levies and fees from the inflation calculation.

Additional Rent Increases for capital expenditures and expenses.

Additional rent increases information ↗
Glen reported that there is a new process concerning rent increases. A landlord can raise the rent above the standard (annual) amount for a limited time to recoup the costs. The landlord must have either the tenant's written agreement or apply to the Residential Tenancy Branch (RTB) for either an Additional Rent Increase for Expenses (ARI-E) or an Additional Rent Increase for Capital Expenditures (ARI-C).